About the OSA
The Otago Early Settlers Association was formed in 1898 when the European settlement was only fifty years old. It recognized and celebrated the Otago pioneers and their families. The Otago Early Settlers Museum was opened in 1908 to house the Associations’ growing collection of photographs, artefacts and documents. Over the years the Association had developed the Museum and its collections through donations, gifts, and purchases. Eventually the Museum outgrew the Association. As a consequence in 1991 the Association transferred the Otago Settlers Museum and its collections, in trust, to the City of Dunedin. Its role as supporter of the Museum and advocate for Otago’s history continues.
Click here for Sean Brosnahan’s Book To Fame Undying
- We support the Museum in all its activities
- We make donations to the Museum
- We add to the Museum’s collections
- We support the publication of local histories
- We publish Otago Settlers News quarterly
- We hold regular functions for members
- We provide opportunities for volunteers to assist the Museum
- We continue to advocate for the Museum and Otago history
Newsletter Archive – click here to read our newsletters up to the end of the previous year..